- CEDEP believes that development is not just a condition defined by what people have, but also, and more importantly, is a capacity defined by what they can and are willing to do.
- CEDEP values the individual regardless of their age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion and believes in the equal rights of all to realize their potentials.
- CEDEP believes in the power of collective action and community initiative.
- CEDEP believes in participatory decision-making approaches and processes.
- CEDEP is committed to being a responsible organisation whose activities are conducted with integrity, honesty, fairness, respect and accountability.
- CEDEP believes that development must be carried out in a sustainable manner that preserves and safeguards the environment for future generations.